Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Human Rights Centers for Women were working under Federal Government but after 18th amendment these centers have been adopted by Punjab Government, Social Welfare Department in 2014. There are a total 12 centers working in Bahawalpur, Dera Ghazi Khan, Faisalabad, Muzaffargarh, Khushab, Lahore, Multan, Rawalpindi, Sahiwal, Mianwali, Sialkot and Vehari. The centers are established with the objective to protect women against all forms of violence and to eliminate every type of discrimination against women.
Women who are victim of violence can get information regarding referral services.
Crisis Centers provide:
- Temporary shelter to victims of violence in emergencies
- Medical/ first aid to women in distress
- Free legal assistance/ aid to women in distress
- Free social, psychological and legal counseling to the women
- Liaison with agencies competent to redress grievances of women at individual and collective levels, especially those concerned with combating violence against women